VoIP System Design
For more than fifty years, EAI has completed voice switching system projects involving the installation, upgrade, and replacement of central office equipment for telephone companies.
Our typical involvement starts at the very beginning of the project, assisting our client with selection of key features to serve and compete in today's rapidly evolving voice services marketplace.
Our next step is the creation of detailed specifications which form the basis of an RFP to furnish and install the new system. Past specifications run the gamut from traditional circuit switch networks to the latest advancements in Voice-over-IP switch systems. Detailed technical reviews are conducted with EAI consultants and the client company to clarify all aspects of each vendor's specifications. EAI remains a strategic contributor assisting with the award of the bid, ensuring contract terms are beneficial to our client, and ensuring the equipment installation and placement into service meet 100% of our clients requirements.
Our design and workflow models provide detailed project management, clear communications and a thorough understanding of all aspects of the design, implementation and day-to-day operations requirements necessary to ensure a voice switch implementation excels in our clients local exchange and CLEC network. Our skills include:
- Voice systems evaluation, selection, installation and integration
- Systems design include new installations, cap and grow configurations, and system expansion
- IP infrastructure design and systems integration
- IP and voice network modeling
- Capacity and traffic planning
- Code management
- CLEC interconnection management including new SS7, 911, and trunk orders
- Vendor and equipment evaluation
- Contract management